2016: An Eagle's ViewToday, I reflected about how 2016 went. It was challenging. I worked hard twice. I cried some tears. I laughed a whole lot. But yesterday, it marked the start of the New Year. New me. New you. New us.
2016 may have ended but the memories and experience I had will never cease in my mind. I have a lot of things I have to be thankful and wept for. It would be a very long list if I have to enumerate them all so I had to compress them into few specific categories.
TravelWould you believe that 2016 have been the most productive year I had for travel? Yes, it is. Just imagine going to different places. After the school started, we became a whole lot busier, but that didn't stopped us.
Here's a rundown of the areas I have been to.
- Mt. Pamitinan in Rodriguez, Rizal - The first mountain I climbed. I went here with my circle and it was really fun. I wrote a post about my first mountain climbing experience at Mt. Pamitinan a while back.
- Binan, Laguna - This was where I had my on-the-job training together with Joy, Mark, and Win. It was quite the two months of my life. I also experienced long distance friendship and quite enjoyed it. Stories were twice entertaining. (Say 'hi' Erin)
- Calauan, Laguna - Part of my OJT gave us the priviledge to visit some of the site location being handled by the company we were at. I was quite disheartened with the situation in the area we visited. That's why my conviction for my program became stronger after this visit.
- Baguio City (May, December) - I went to Baguio City for the first time in May to attend a convention. it was exciting and I was able to bring home the bacon on the contest I participated. Too bad I only stayed there for one night, and a day, then went home the following night to make it in time for the Pahiyas Festival in Lucban. Fortunately, I was able to come back this time with my family last December.
- Pahiyas Festival in Lucban, Quezon - Imagine an 8 hour drive from Baguio City to Cubao, then another 5 hours to Lucban. It was not cool. And I had to walk for like 2-3 hours because the traffic to Lucban was the worst during that time. But hey, it was an awesome experience.
- Mt. Binacayan in Rodriguez, Rizal - Our second hike. It was awesome. I realized something during this hike which I hope to bury deep down in a pit somewhere. But yeah, awesome. I got over that.
- Mt. Hapunang Banoi in Rodriguez, Rizal - Our third hike. Remember that second hike was never the same as the third hike. And it was worth knowing.