Stay Healthy and Look Young NaturallyMonday, September 16, 2013
These lyrics from the song “Forever Young” keeps repeating on my mind. Sam Concepcion’s rendition of this song kept it stuck in my head ever since I heard him sung it in one of the events in Ortigas a few years ago.
Yes, a lot of us would want to be live and be forever young—to stay healthy and look young. But staying in this state in your lifetime is no easy process if you want to it through the natural way. Determination and discipline in your lifestyle is necessary if you want to achieve this goal.
Here are some tips which could help you in accomplishing this:
- Eat healthy foods. You may have heard this almost every time but eating healthy food is the first step in having that youthful glow. Stay away from junk foods as much as possible. And always remember, eat like a queen in the morning, a princess in lunch, and a peasant in evening.
- Take vitamins. Sometimes, the nutrients we need everyday cannot be sustained by the foods we are eating alone. Supposed you follow the food pyramid, imagine all the foods you have to consume. Good thing scientists have found a way to pack up all the vitamins and minerals we need in a tablet. You could always buy these in drugstores nationwide. However, be always keen in choosing the right brand.
- Exercise. Unfortunately, some of us have slow metabolisms. Eating healthy foods and taking vitamins are not enough if they would not metabolize in our body and would not be used in the right by our system. Doing exercise at least once a day can really help. A simple brisk walking can already be counted as one.
- Drink a lot of water. Always hydrate your body with water. This flushes out metabolic wastes and aids in your metabolism at the same time. It also helps in keeping our skin smooth. Just what we need to stay healthy and look young naturally.
- Have enough sleep. Having a good night sleep actually helps in preventing overeating. Just remember that last time when you stayed up all night to finish a school project and ended up feeling beat up and hungry in the morning. That’s how it works.
With the discipline and enough focus, you could always maintain an active lifestyle. This path is the right path to stay healthy and look young naturally for a longer period of your life.