200 Pounds Beauty

Sunday, October 24, 2010 10 Comments A+ a-

200 Pounds Beauty is a South Korean film about an overweight girl, Hanna with an amazing voice who works as a phone sex employee and ghost singer. She underwent an extreme plastic surgery, from head-to-toe, because of being heartbroken when she learned what her crush, the music company's director, Sang-jun, thinks of her as. Now, she is in disguised as Jenny, a Korean-American from California to become a pop sensation.

My friend introduced this to me during summer but I didn't watch it. During our meeting in my classmate's house, she told us that we should watch this first while waiting for the others to come. And so it happened. We were not able to finish watching it so I watched it in my brother's PSP way after that.

Hanna is talented and her voice is wonderful. But, she can't show her talent to everyone because people tend to judge others most of the time because of their physical appearance. So I guess I can't blame her for having plastic surgery. But I guess, it's also Hanna's fault for being like that. She shouldn't lack discipline on herself. She should learn to control herself in eating, unless she has some sickness that caused her to become like that.

But anyway, I don't recommend plastic surgery to anyone. Although I think it's just fine, being yourself is still the best and appreciated the most. You may think that you don't have the looks, but if you have the guts to show everyone what you've got, then you have proven yourself worthy. If possible, you can still achieve that look in a natural way, right! Just have discipline, respect and acceptance in your body and don't go far beyond your limit just to achieve it.

On the other hand, I really love the song Maria played in this movie. Check out the music here and tell me what you think.

Mary is the blogger behind Remakestyle. She is an environmentalist, freelance writer and future engineer working towards a sustainable future.

10 comments

Write comments
Nice Salcedo
AUTHOR
October 25, 2010 at 2:03 AM delete

wow .. this is an interesting story! :D

October 25, 2010 at 8:51 AM delete

hey my friends been telling me about this, and from your description, i think this is a great movie, will do download it now! :D

Try to watch Koizora (Japanese Movie) its great! :D

Rhea
AUTHOR
October 25, 2010 at 1:46 PM delete

oh i guess the story is nice! but i am not a fan of korean drama, films or music... hehehe :)

sHeRrY
AUTHOR
October 26, 2010 at 12:39 AM delete

Yea, I've also seen this before and I also LOVE that song Maria.. Sometimes I just sing it randomly ^^p I love it how the music and her voice blends in strongly^^, Although I don't usually watch cinema one(I think that's also under ABS company)but when I was channel hopping I landed on cinema one because it was showing 200 pounds beauty(Tagalog dubbed)...

[FYI I'm a kdrama addict and for your next kdrama I recommend you the movie "100 Days With Mr. Arrogant"]

nadine
AUTHOR
October 26, 2010 at 6:35 AM delete

NaalalaaI remember this was aired in Channel 2, Abscbn. But I didn't pay attention while it did. I think I'mma watch it now with all the comments you've given!:))

liz
AUTHOR
October 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM delete

i've watched this movie and yeah it was great. I love Hanna's puppy. sooo cute. Haha.

i@иn℮™
AUTHOR
October 29, 2010 at 9:56 AM delete

atched that film:) its greato!

Isabel
AUTHOR
October 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM delete

I love this movie. :O :)

krykie
AUTHOR
October 30, 2010 at 11:14 PM delete

i already watched this movie at ewan ko pero nakakaiyak siya at some point hehe! ;)

k movies are so touchy talaga. T.T

i recommend you to watch a moment to remember && millionaire's first love. [tear jeaker] Ü

100 days with mr. arrogant is a good movie too! :D

JEANU
AUTHOR
October 30, 2010 at 11:24 PM delete

I am so curious about this Movie, My classmates have watched thsi drama already and they really like it.

Well the story is kinda interesting and your review about the movie makes me want to watch it haha

'i am back into blogging, visit my b log for newest post/ updates'

Happy Blogging! :D