College Course

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 19 Comments A+ a-

So, that’s what it means to become busy. Yes, I’m currently busy these days. Our class would start on June 15 and it’s making my head ache. But I'll make sure I'll still update you about things even though we have classes. Well, this school year, I would be a senior student and I guess, that means I should be preparing now for college. The problem is, I’m still undecided on what course I should take.

So, uhm, I guess one should take course which you like. You could also take the course which you think you’re good at. But the best choice is to take a course which you’re good at and you like at the same time. Of course, you should also consider jobs you would be able to get with the course you would take and it would also be great if those jobs are in demand these days.

Anyway, I’m still undecided here. But believe me, I’m taking this seriously because starting from this year and on, my future would depend on it. *inhales deeply* *exhale*
  • How about you?
  • What course are you taking/would you take?
Jump off topic!

I just wanna share what happened to us. Yesterday, my uncle and I went to Manila to, uhm, unwind. We went to Baywalk and there we met two kids, about 3-5 years old. They’re sibling and I guess they’re living there. The youngest of them, the girl, asked us if she can have what I’m drinking. I gave her my drinks and then her elder brother came. He was holding a long piece of plywood and two small plastics of peanuts and then he gave the other one plastic of peanuts to her younger sister. Then, the girl asked my uncle to open the plastic of peanuts for her, which he did ofcourse. Now, while, we were having this act of sharing and helping thing, their mother just shouted out of nowhere and told them to go away from us. Then, she waved at them and went near them then dragged the little girl from her shirt, and off they went.

Well, I just thought about this while the little girl came. Actually, I’m so full right then and I can’t stand eating another bite of the snacks I’m eating. Then when she asked me, I felt like, “Hey, why can’t I finish off my food? Out there, there are thousands of people who can’t eat while I’m here wasting them.” And when her brother came, this was what I thought, “Wow, they’re so sweet!” I mean, though they’re still small, the elder one already know how to care for her sister. And he even shared those peanuts to her. And then, when their mother came, “Geez!” That’s all what I want to say. Why did she do that? Why so harsh to her child? They’re still kids, and believe they deserve better.

So, what do you think? Thanks for thanks for listening my story.

Mary is the blogger behind Remakestyle. She is an environmentalist, freelance writer and future engineer working towards a sustainable future.

19 comments

Write comments
TRISH
June 9, 2010 at 8:13 PM delete

We're same sis :)
I put Civil Engineering, Linguistics, Comm arts & accountancy in my UP form :D I had a hard time in choosing a good course for me :)) even if there are 1st choice and 2nd choice thingy on the form :))

Nice Salcedo
June 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM delete

aww..this is a great story about sharing! :D yep, even though they're still little they already know how to care for each other! and oh my, their mother really was harsh.. :|

what an inspiration! :)

good luck in college! :D

vhinnie
June 9, 2010 at 11:44 PM delete

err, my class will start on june 14. :) err, i only have 4 days to rest. anyways, it's my last year though. ;] btw, i'm taking up political science. kids nowadays, smart kids eh?

''xian
June 10, 2010 at 4:39 AM delete

finding out some courses is really hard...but you have lots of time to find it ou..unless you wanna take the UPCAT :]

i guess yesterday gave you a big lesson... :D

Jhiegzh
June 10, 2010 at 8:43 AM delete

Choosing a course is somehow difficult, but choose a course which is in demand! Prioritize it first before your interest for somehow as days go by, you will surely love it!

JHEN
June 10, 2010 at 10:29 AM delete

ooh. tama yang opinion mo sis :D now, I'm taking up I.T :) ung first class ko sa mga major ko natuwa na ako at ne excite. hehe >.<

June 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM delete

hey sis. i agree with what you said that you must pick the course you like and at the same time your good at, cos if you dont, you'll never enjoy college.

Anyway, Im a senior too! but college senior. Im taking up BS Psychology, and Im lovin it! =)

Btw, the brother was sweet. and im alittle mad at the mother for doing that to them. really they dont deserve that kind of treatment. theyre just kids for crying out loud.

take care sis! :)

ESugarFR
June 10, 2010 at 10:25 PM delete

I put BS Bio , BS Socio and BS Public Health in my UPCAT form. Good luck to us.

nadine
June 10, 2010 at 11:56 PM delete

When I entered college I was pretty determined to take up IT :3 haha. Oh well, I hope you'll be able to decide, just follow your heart! And it's better you pick a course that really suits your wants..I mean, don't take a course you know you won't enjoy, because in the future, your profession wouldn't be great unless you exert interest in it. Anyway, that's so nice of you sharing food to the girl :D

Maybe their mom assumed all people were mean so she called `em up because only a few people really share food to street children :/

June 11, 2010 at 10:07 AM delete

Well, the best thing to probably ask yourself is what is it that you want and love to do, and what are you most passionate about - then that is what your course should be! :)

Aiverlyn♥
June 11, 2010 at 10:52 AM delete

Uhmm.. as for me, I feel bad at some points, but still thankful.. I did not really took the college course that I wanted, In the end.. nor did I took up what my parents wanted..

Clarice
June 11, 2010 at 3:23 PM delete

choosing the right course is very hard and challenging. kasi minsan nga ung like it pero you think mahihirapan ka. but i hope makapili ka ng right course for you.

HellaMay
June 11, 2010 at 6:37 PM delete

Good luck with the Senior year! wow. it seems that many bloggers are going to be seniors and they also have the same problem like you. They don't know what course to take. But I hope you'll decide soon. It's the future we're talking about here :D and about that story on the little girl. There's so many children like that already here in the Philippines. And when I see children like that, I feel sympathy for them. Sana wala nalang mahirap sa Pinas :|

Kat
June 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM delete

Hey! I'm a senior too this school year. I'll be taking accountancy as my course. :D

Cody
June 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM delete

I'm planning to take up Computer Science in college ;)

Aiverlyn♥
June 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM delete

I ended taking up Business Administration.. there were regrets like "what if I took this" and kind of stuff, but I'm happy though =))

June 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM delete

Sis I know how it is when the summer vacation ends I go to the Highschool 1st class! DDDD: So nervous...

JEANU
June 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM delete

Im planning to take BSIT . and Im sure with that. Nice, I like the story. Very sweeet :)