Another Dog's Tale - Hachiko

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 18 Comments A+ a-

I should have posted it yesterday but I am quite busy and tired, but anyway, here's my first post for this month of June.

I got tagged by Kuya Jhiegz and Bubbles. Thanks, because this is my first tag for this month.

Instructions:

1.) Copy tag to your own notes and start modifying it.
2.) Omit existing answers.
3.) Write your answers and tag as many as you want.

Rules:

Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real. Nothing made up. If the person before you had the same initial, you MUST have different answers, strictly NO carbon copy in that case. You cannot use any words twice. You cannot use your name for the boy and girl's name questions.

Questions and Answers:

1.) What is your name: Marinella
2.) A four letter word: Moon
3.) A boy's name: Mike
4.) A girl's name: Mary
5.) An occupation: Mathematian
6.) A color: Magenta
7.) Something you wear: Mittens
8.) A food: Macaroni Soup
9.) Something found in the bathroom: Medicine Cabinet
10.) A country: Malaysia
11.) A reason for being late: Making your own lunch for school
12.) Something you shout: My Gosh!
13.) A movie title: Madagascar
14.) Something you drink: Milo
15.) A musical group: Menudo
16.) An animal: Monkey
17.) A street name: Maple St.
18.) A type of car: Mitsubishi
19.) An internet site/blogsite: momsapinas.com
20.) A song: Material Girl
21.) A President's name: Mckinley
22.) A cartoon character: Mio Akiyama
23.) Name of School: Miriam College
24.) A sport: Martial Arts
25.) A Latin word: Magus - magical

I'll just tag who wants to be tag, okay!

On my post about A Dog’s Tale, some people told me that they thought the post is about Hachiko. Actually, when my little brother asked me to watch that clip, I started searching for a site where I can watch the Japanese film about Mari. Then, I stumbled into another dog’s tale here. Yes, about Hachiko.

Hachikō, also known as the “faithful dog Hachikō” was an Akita dog born of a farm near the city of Ōdate, Akita Prefecture. He was remembered for his loyalty for his owner, Hidesaburō Ueno, even after his owner’s death for the next 10 years. Hachiko died on March 8, 1935, on the street of Shibuya. It was found out that his heart was infected with filarial worms and 3-4 yakitori sticks were found in his stomach. His stuffed and mounted remains are kept at the National Science Museum of Japan in Ueno, Tokyo.

Watch the Trailer of Hachiko: A Dog's Tale

I watched this film a little later on, starring Richard Gere. The movie is entitled Hachiko: A Dog’s Story 2010. Maybe, because I already watched the trailer and already know the story, I started getting emotional when Hachiko started following his master on the train station. I hate this! I can’t watch very well, especially when the professor died and Hachi started searching for him and up to the part when he started coming to the station everyday.

Actually, while watching it, I told my mother, “Mom, I want a dog right now.” She just laughed at me. I’m dead serious when I told her that. Anyway, now, a bronze statue is sitting in Shibuya station to commemorate the loyalty and love Hachi showed that inspired the people around him, to motivate the citizens and children of our generations. Now I think dogs are amazing. They give unconditional love to people. They are man’s best friend indeed.

So, here’s another clip of Hachiko Monogatari 1987:

Source: Wikipedia

Mary is the blogger behind Remakestyle. She is an environmentalist, freelance writer and future engineer working towards a sustainable future.

18 comments

Write comments
Rhea
June 3, 2010 at 1:32 AM delete

Omg! I saw that japanese video about Mari! what a poor and loyal dog.. I cried after watching that short video. :'(

June 3, 2010 at 4:17 AM delete

Awwww :D Cute dog ^^ But I know that story.. from a channel that I was watching cause I was bored xD

ran
June 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM delete

hindi ko pa nawawatch ang video.. parang nakakasad yata?

ESugarFR
June 3, 2010 at 6:32 PM delete

I'm about to buy a DVD copy of Hachiko but I asked the saleslady if the story is sad. She said, "Yeah" and when I asked if the dog will die in the end, she answered, " Yes".
So I didn't. I'm avoiding to cry.

eiji
June 3, 2010 at 8:43 PM delete

,,hahaha watch mo na pla yan nakakaiyak noh T_T

Oshi
June 3, 2010 at 10:35 PM delete

hahaha.. i think i know that dog... i dunno kung saan ko sya dati nakita i think on a magazine??

well thanks for dropping...

vhinnie
June 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM delete

i lurve dogs. and ang cute nung dog, nice post sis. :D

jogz
June 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM delete

I don't know about that Hachiko. But the dog looks cute!^^,

June 4, 2010 at 1:18 PM delete

cute dog but sad story! thanks for sharin! :)

Jhanz
June 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM delete

I better check out the video of this dog. It's pretty interesting. :D Cool post.

Sheng
June 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM delete

hey, i've already seen this movie about hachiko. i cried alot! such a touching story. i love the way how dogs shows his loyalty to his boss or something. :')) i really, really love this movie ..

love
June 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM delete

i saw this movie last year. its really nice. i cried while watching it. the faithfulness of the dog is really something and sure will move you...love this movies.

Jhoice
June 5, 2010 at 10:00 AM delete

really cute dog, nevur hurd of this movie, but i wiLl surely check this out. Might be something that would hubby watch ;)

JHEN
June 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM delete

wow sis. do you like dogs ? I think you like dogs. hehe they are so cute :D

Shi Min
June 9, 2010 at 1:12 AM delete

Another doggy post! :) Nicee.

Shi min

June 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM delete

aww..

naalala ko tuloy nung pinanuod ko yung movie na yan.

ang cute ni hachiko! :3

and all i can say is that, "HE'S LOYAL TO HIS MASTER" <3

Michael
April 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM delete

Seen both versions and I honestly like the American version better.  If you've made your research, you should know that the real professor who owned Hachi is single.  Not a very good image because it's definitely expected that most single folks who's got no-one to devout their affection to would resolve to loving -- well, animals.

But don't let the reality dampen your spirit. I'm not single but I have two huge dogs who are as lovable and as loyal. I have a female black Labrador Retriever and a male Golden Retriever.  Hachiko is in every pet, his spirit lives among the many dogs, cats, whatever that walks this earth.   The task is to find someone who will become your Hachiko.

Anyway, thanks for dropping by my blog. I usually erase comments that don't have pictures unless the comment they've left are really significant or have wowed me with the content.  Thanks anyway, and God bless!

Marinella