A Story About a Dog

Saturday, May 29, 2010 19 Comments A+ a-

I’m not a dog lover. I don’t hate dogs but I don’t like dogs either. Same with cats. I have passion for cute things like animals, but I don’t like keeping them. I guess I’m not responsible enough. Anyway, yesterday, my brother asked me to watch something. It’s a video clip (or a summary) of a movie from a 2007 Japanese film based on a true story that happened during the 2004 earthquake in Niigata Prefecture, Japan. It’s about a dog named Mari who saved the lives of its owner and her grandpa. So, here’s the clip:

We’ll you see, while watching the video, I can’t help myself but to cry over what happened. I mean, though Mari is just a dog, she did her best to save them. I mean, she doesn’t have the strength to lift those heavy walls but she kept trying. She gave the grandpa hope to survive.

Just remember the times when you face challenges and told yourselves that “It’s impossible”. You didn’t do anything yet, but you already said that you’ll fail. You haven’t even tried it but you already decided what will happen. In the end, you’ll just feel regrets. Regret because you didn’t experience it. Regret because you may have succeed on it. Regret because of many more reasons. You had the chance but you didn’t grab it. And now you’ll wonder if you’ll have another change like that. Remember, nothing is impossible, ‘cause the word itself says "I'm possible!"

Humans like us have our own flaws. We’re not perfect beings. Same with the dog, Mari. She’s not strong enough, yes! Because she’s just a dog. No! She’s Mari, a friend who, despite of her weaknesses tried her best to help.

So, the video clip came from a movie entitled “A Tale of Mari and Three Puppies”. I can’t wait to watch it. Maybe I’ll watch it tomorrow or the next day but I’ll make sure to watch it this week.

Nothing is impossible, ‘cause the word itself says "I'm possible!"

Mary is the blogger behind Remakestyle. She is an environmentalist, freelance writer and future engineer working towards a sustainable future.

19 comments

Write comments
Shi Min
May 29, 2010 at 1:14 PM delete

Goshh. This is real god damn touching. I can't believe that a dog can actually do so much to that extend.. :(

JHEN
May 29, 2010 at 5:28 PM delete

I can't watch the video coa the connection here sucks! but i know that story is touchy. I just can feel it. the way you tell it. dogs are really passionate and loyal, lalo na kapag ung amo nila ay in danger hindi tlga nila iiwan. TSSK. youre ryt about that sis, we should try and do the things that we think its impossible who knows where way better to do it pla kesa mag isip ng nega. :D

Rhea Gulin
May 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM delete

this is so touching... like seriously.

May 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM delete

hoho~

akala ko hachiko :))

true to life story din kasi yun about sa dog ^^

ouch. makabayani din pala yung asong yan. ni-lift pa naman ang heavy walls? o.O sugoi!

well, impossible nga pero, depende parin sa aso yun ;) diba?

jogz
May 29, 2010 at 9:16 PM delete

Awww. Did you know that I'm a certified dog hater? But when I read this, awww.. Touching!

Joyce
May 30, 2010 at 6:48 AM delete

I'm not fond of animals too. I'm sort of scared of them. :D
Yea, I guess I've seen it before. Very touching.

binkaaa~
May 30, 2010 at 1:09 PM delete

Parehas tayo. :|

&& the clip.. i think i watched that one way back before. Haha! nakakaiyak nga.

Cheskaa ♥
May 30, 2010 at 1:21 PM delete

Nakakaiyak nga po:(!thanks po sa pag share:)!

aryan
May 30, 2010 at 2:24 PM delete

i love the line: "Remember, nothing is impossible, 'cause the word itself says 'I'm possible!'" very smart and inspiring.

bubbles
May 30, 2010 at 2:31 PM delete

I love dogs! When Mari was saving the grandpa i was like crying! :( this is touching. I wonder if bozley (my dad's bulldog) would save us if we were in that kind of situation?. Thanks for sharin this! This is so touching! :)

Shekinah
May 30, 2010 at 9:28 PM delete

Aww. Same here. I love animals. I love dogs. But I don't want to keep them.

*we have 2 lovely bunnies*

Omg! *cries* Touching story. x

khaleen
May 31, 2010 at 4:18 PM delete

wow.. honestly when I was watching the video.. tears fell off my cheeks.. First, I'm a dog lover. I also have a female japanese akita. Thumbs up for this post sis :) lumabas tuloy yung pagka iyakin ko.. *hikbi* a heart touching movie..

eiji
May 31, 2010 at 5:12 PM delete

,,tnx for hopping nad sa comment ^^

HellaMay
May 31, 2010 at 11:06 PM delete

Aww. I don't know if I can handle to watch it :| I don't like the people in the house see me cry alone. I really cry easily on touching videos. But I'll probably watch it when I'm alone :) and what you said on the post is right! Nothing really is impossible :)

Kitty
June 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM delete

thats ODD. i know i gave this post a comment?o.O

My family had this exp with our old dog (he passed away already) twas dawn and he was barking like hell. as if he was trying to wake us up. and then my mom saw that our other house was burning. if it wasnt for our dog, probably some of our relatives are dead now.

I LOVE ANIMALS :')

eiji
June 1, 2010 at 8:10 PM delete

@aehlyn - kun ganda nga ng hachicko watch mo rin pla

@mari watch mo yung movie n yun !!!

THURR
June 1, 2010 at 10:08 PM delete

I thought it was the story of Hachiko, but this one's really touching as well. Thanks for sharing this.

Aww. I just love dogs.

Clarice
June 2, 2010 at 12:18 PM delete

i hate movies like this. super nakakaiyak. and nakakarelate ako. ayokong naiiyak e. haha :)) but i love how the dog managed to give hope.

TRISH
June 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM delete

You're right sis :) and the story is really touching :)